God’s House Tower is a project conceived, developed and managed by ‘a space’ arts, a charity Registered in England: 1136495 / © the arts organisation a space 2019.
These two legal entities act as one company. This policy extends to both parts equally and is not considered data sharing.
Respecting your privacy and safeguarding your data.
God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts is committed to upholding your privacy and taking care of your personal data. This policy outlines what, why and how God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts collects, processes and stores your personal data securely in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (25 May 2018).
What personal data does God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts collect from you?
When signing up to the God’s House Tower mailing list you will be asked for:
- Postal address
- Date of birth
- If you are under 16 declaration that your parent/guardian have consented for you to sign-up.
When signing up to the God’s House Tower mailing list you will also be asked for your preferences to the following options:
- Preferred contact method
- Whether you would like to receive information on family activities
- Ten profiling questions that help us best tailor information you might like from God’s House Tower. (see Customer Profiling)
What other data does God’s House Tower collect?
When booking a ticket for one of our events, workshops or talks through WooCommerce:
- Transactional data so we may process the payment
- Personal data so that we may contact you should the event be cancelled or postponed
- Your express permission for sharing your data with a named third party we are presenting an event in partnership with
In order to improve our website, we may analyse information about how you use it and the content you interact with. We use Google Analytics to do this but this data is anonymous.
This website contains links to other websites. Although the majority of them are God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts cultural partners God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts are not responsible for the privacy practices of other organisations and you should read their own privacy information. The information and usage described here, applies only to personal data collected by God’s House Tower or ‘a space’ arts.
When your purchase tickets (including paid for, free or donations tickets) for God’s House Tower events we collect data via a third party ticketing platform, Eventbrite. This includes legally required generic financial transaction information which is stored. God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts does not use this data to identify you. God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts will only store the details that God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts requires to process the payment or comply with UK law.
Your personal data is only added to God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts’ mailing list if you give consent for us to do so. Personal data given when reserving free tickets will also be stored. Personal and transactional data is permanently deleted after 12 months. Personal data will be used to contact you if we need to let you know that an event has been cancelled or re-scheduled.
How does God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts use your data?
God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts collects your data to allow you to receive regular marketing e-mails from God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts about upcoming or current exhibitions, performances, artist talks and events when given specific permission to do so.
How does God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts collect your data?
Through one or more of the below ways:
- Choose to sign up to God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts mailing list either via God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts online sign-up form at www.godshousetower.org.uk/mailinglist or via the hard copy sign up forms displayed in God’s House Tower, Southampton or via ‘a space’ arts online sign-up form at www.aspacearts.org.uk/mailinglist or via the hard copy sign up forms displayed in a space arts, Tower House, Town Quay, Southampton.
- Purchase or reserve tickets to God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts events, performances, artist talks, screenings or symposia via the third party ticketing platform Eventbrite.
- Choose to sign up to God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts mailing list after receiving an e-mail asking if you wanted to sign up to God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts mailing list after receiving one hour’s free access to Wi-Fi at a space arts, Tower House, Town Quay.
- Choose to sign up to God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts mailing list when asked if you participate in our exit surveys (quantitative research) conducted by ??
How does God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts store your data?
Your data is held securely in Salesforce, MailChimp, Eventbrite platforms in compliance with GDPR rules or a password protected spreadsheet, held on a secure God’s House Tower server.
How do you update the data God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts holds on you?
God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts endeavours to keep your personal data accurate and up to date. If you become aware of errors or inaccuracies, please e-mail email@example.com with “UPDATE MY RECORDS” in the e-mail subject line or alternatively call 02380 338 778.
What are your rights?
– Your rights: What does it mean
– Right of Access: To know if God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts have your data and to see it.
– Right to Rectify: To correct your data if you believe it is inaccurate.
– Right of Portability: The right to request a copy of your data in a common machine readable format that can be transferred to another organisation or database.
– Right of Erasure: To have some or all of your data delete (where legally possible)
– Right not to be Profiled: The right not be subject to a decision based on automated processing.
– Right to Restrict Processing: To opt out of processing your data in a particular way without necessarily deleting it.
– Right to withdraw consent: If you have provided consent, you may withdraw this at any time.
– Right to Object: You have the right to register and objection if an organisation continues to process your data or send you direct marketing on the grounds of scientific/historical research or legitimate interests or public interest.
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who does God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts share your data with?
God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts does not share your data with anyone unless you have provided express permission to do so when purchasing a ticket for an event we are presenting in partnership with a third party. This permission is requested at the point of ticket purchase.
There are certain circumstances under which we may need to disclose your personal information to third parties.
These circumstances would be allowing access to it by our chosen service providers who process data on our behalf and on our instructions (for example our ticketing partner Eventbrite or a mailing house who post out bulk direct mailings of our what’s on guide). In these cases, we require that these third party companies comply strictly with our instructions and with data protection laws, particularly around the security of personal data.
To ensure that you receive communications that meet your needs, God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts will invite you to answer ten profiling questions about your participation in cultural activities. The answers to these questions are processed via the sub-data processor ?? using an algorithm which profiles you into one of eight segments. The use of these segments allows God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts to output the applicable marketing information via e-mail or post, it also gives God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts a sense of the overall makeup of visitors engaging with God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts. If you do not want to be profiled, simply ignore the e-mails inviting you to answer these questions.
God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts remains the only party to have access to the profiling information on you for marketing purposes. For six months after answering the profiling questions ?? and the third party technical supplier Human have access to this data for administrative reasons only. After six months their access is removed completely and the data is deleted permanently.
How do I unsubscribe from e-mail from God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts?
If you no longer wish to receive e-mail communications from God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts you can unsubscribe by clicking “unsubscribe” from the link in any of the e-mails receive from us. Alternatively if you would like the data collected by God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts via any of the channels or methods listed above to be permanently deleted, send an e-mail to email@example.com with “PERMANENTLY DELETE” in the e-mail subject line or call 02380 338 778.
If you have opted at any point to receive postal information only (our seasonal what’s on guide) then you can be unsubscribe from receiving this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “POSTAL UNSUBSCRIBE” in the e-mail subject line or call 02380 338 778.
The data God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts has stored is reviewed every 12 months and either deleted, archived or consent for it to be kept for another 12 months is sought. Personal data processed for any purpose(s) shall not be kept for longer than is deemed necessary.
Should you have any questions on anything in this policy please e-mail God’s House Tower / ‘a space’ arts data controller on email@example.com