Posted on 15th Jan 2021
We’re thrilled to launch Phase 1 of our new programme for 2021.
Even though we can’t offer a firm date for reopening just yet, we have been working hard behind the scenes and now have an exciting line-up of opportunities for you to get involved in.
Our inspiration this year comes from GHT’s wealth of fascinating hidden histories, but we have also been reflecting on global events and the role ‘a space’ can play in Southampton moving forward. With support from the National Lottery Heritage Fund, we have revised the way we do things at GHT and are now able to offer a Covid-safe programme of opportunities, designed to cater to more of Southampton’s diverse communities.
We’re excited to be going into 2021 with a fresh approach, to be turning the page to a new chapter for GHT, and to be bringing this iconic building back to life once more.
The new programme includes:
- an exciting new commission for a neon artwork to be installed in the GHT cafe
- a monthly professional development event for artists who have experienced racism
- training opportunities for historical researchers from diverse backgrounds
- cultural internships for young people
- a new lecture series – details coming soon!
- LGBTQ events and group opportunities
- creative writing opportunities
- exciting activities for schools, delving into Southampton’s hidden stories
- more opportunities for volunteers
Please head to the new Opportunities Bank for more info. The What’s On web page will also be updated with creative workshops and projects to get involved in.
More details will be released over the next few weeks.
Phase 2 of the new programme will include details of exhibitions and public facing events and will be released later in the year.